Do you ever have something on your to-do list for so long that you almost don’t realize that you still have yet to scratch it off?
That’s how I feel about updating my blog. “Oh yeah, I still need to do that,” I think.
So here goes.
1. We are having a fantastic summer; a priceless one in fact. We’ve been to Florida, to the pool, to the lake, to the zoo, and just sucked up as much time as a family as possible.
2. Our sweet Posey has turned into quite the sleeper. Which is amazing when you consider the first 5 months of her life she went to “bed” at night wrapped to my chest. And didn’t nap more than 20 minutes till just last month. We agonized over it and decided to … sleep train her. I still feel a bit conflicted about it, but the proof of the pudding is that now she sleeps 12 hours through, and instead of taking 2+ hours to get her down at night, it takes 15 minutes. And as an added bonus, I find myself more present when I’m feeding her in the evening. I used to always have my phone on me, because I knew I’d be sitting in the chair for an hour or two, but now I’m there. I look in her eyes and sing and talk to her. I’m learning that you parent the baby you have.
3. We finally picked a paint color for the downstairs, and my brother-in-law painted for us. I looooove it. We picked Moonshine by Ben Moore. It’s a soft, subtle blue-grey. I hope to still blog about it, mostly because there are NO pictures of houses with gray walls and oak trim, but here’s a quick pic in the meantime:
4. I can’t stop thinking about some of the speakers I heard at The Global Leadership Summit last week, most notably Bob Goff. Love God. Love people. Do stuff. I’m ready to do stuff. I want to get my hands dirty. Who’s with me?
5. I honestly couldn’t think of a fifth thing, but “four things on a Friday” didn’t sound right. So hi.