• I am so ready for Fall. It was over 90 yesterday (like 20 degrees hotter than average), but I still went and got a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I had too. It was PSL day!
• Except I sort of can’t believe it’s fall. I’ve been in denial about September for months, because this is the month we set to move Harry to a big boy bed. We have the mattress set up, the bedding has been purchased. It’s all ready to go. But suddenly, I’m not!
• I was finally able to replace my water-logged ruined Canon 5D with a used 5D that a friend sold me. I really missed having a full-frame camera. I loved taking pictures of the kids last weekend.
And I implemented a very strict no-liquids-under-the-stroller policy. And was still paranoid the entire time. (And the day we were at the Fair and it rained? I was internally freaking out.)
• The Sky Glide used to be one of my favorite things at the Fair. We hadn’t been able to ride it for a couple of years due to the whole having a baby thing, but since we went to a concert this year sans kids, we were able to ride it. And it scared me real bad. I’m not normally afraid of heights, or of rides, but whew. I kept thinking, “We’re awfully high up. Only this little cable? When’s the last time this thing was serviced?” Is this a normal thing to happen after becoming a mom?
• And I think it goes without saying that I’m having Fair food withdrawals. No more fried pickles for an entire year? Sad.
Do you have anything to confess?